Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Part seven- How I made my long arm quilting machine, removal of the upper horizontal shaft

 I am now at the upper horizontal shaft. This shaft proved to be to difficult for me to remove. I found a man in Fredricksburg, Va. That striped singer 66 sewing machines and sold the parts, I bought some good parts off of him. He told me how to remove the shaft. By this time I had already had mine made and working. I am telling you this because mine has a very small wobble in it. I wish that was not true, but she still sews very well so I won't try to take her out in fear of her not working after.
    He told me there is a small set screw inside this hole.Its on the back side of the machine, by the head. I was told to take the screw out. then to take a wood drawl rod placing it on the shaft at the back end of the machine and lightly tap with a hammer to remove. That is how I was told to remove the shaft, but it is to late for me. If you can get it out it would be a lot better because you could make sure it was level when adding on to it.

No comments: