Saturday, December 29, 2018

Part three- How I made my long arm quilting machine, removing the motor

 This part is were I take the motor of and the bobbin winder.                 The first thing to do is to pull the plug off the machine. Just pulls right out.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
 Next there is a large screw beside the plug in place, use a screwdriver to loosen it. Than slip the belt off. now hold the motor and remove the screw. The motor is heavy that is why I wanted to hold it, didn't want it to fall and breaking.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 I have put the screw back in place because I already made the machine this way I don't loose it. But when I first did it I put all part in a container and marked it motor.                                                                                                                                                                                       
 Lets move on to the Bobbin winder. I removed off the top cover, by removing this screw, and put in baggie. You have to take the bobbin winder  off before removing the cover. I did not keep my bobbin winder, I don't need it. I have a separate one I use. Here is a good blog. That tells you how and I am sure there are others.http://errantpear.blogspot.com/2012/06/reassembling-singer-66-bobbin-winder.htmlhttps:// Errant Pear, tells how to reassemble one.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vExPGb34JFM Ray Elkins has a You Tube video on how to disassembling and reassembling one. sorry I can not show this part mine is gone.
    Here is my motor,and my speed controller with my on off switch. My son Patrick made these for me .May-be I can get him to show us how.                                                                                                               Bare with me I am still learning how to blog.

No comments: