Sunday, December 30, 2018

Part two- How I made my long arm quilting machine, removing the needle bar assembly

 When looking up needle bar assembly removal I could not find any thing. So I did this with one step at a time. If it did not come off I looked to see why and kept going till I got it. Before I go further,  I want to say always use the right screwdriver for the job. These screws are so easy to strip, and If it is stuck use oil or some thing and let it sit. again there are good You Tube videos on how to get stuck screws out of your sewing machine. First thing to do is remove the needle holder off. Unscrew and pull it down.                                                                                           
Next I needed to take the thread guide on the needle bar off. there is a small screw on the inside of the needle bar. use a small screwdriver and remove the screw and slide the guide down and off.                                                                                                               
Here is were you want to turn your wheel and move the needle bar all the way down.
 This hole will let you get to a set screw that you need to remove to get the needle bar out.
 I found that it was easier to move the needle bar back up and then pull the needle bar up and out.
 Here is another hole on the back side to get to a different set screw.  There are two screws in the oblong thing ( another part I don't know the name off) there is one on top of it and one on the side of it. I needed to remove the one on the side because it is a set screw that holds the assembly in. The top is a set screw to remove the whole oblong thing, I think. That screw is striped so I can't get it out. Remove the side one.
                                                                                                                    Here is a large screw that needs to come out, it is the last screw in the needle assembly, but mine will not come out I put lock tight on mine, because when I put the machine back together it kept backing out and hitting the presser bar spring. All that has to be done is take the screw out then the needle bar assembly will pull straight out.

No comments: